Increase productivity and protect your budget with IT hardware from SMS.
Cisco Maintenance Services
SMS support for Cisco® networking devices and service programs are designed to meet your most stringent SLA and budgetary requirements without sacrificing dependability or performance.
As you approach your support renewal with Cisco, you should carefully consider the value you are getting for your investment on a device-by-device basis. SMS helps its customers design an end-to-end support solution that takes into account a number of factors such as:
- Whether a particular device has reached its End of Support date.
In these instances, SMS independent support can extend the useful life of your networking gear for years and can prevent you from being forced into an unnecessary upgrade.
- Whether a device is eligible for free IOS updates from Cisco.
A large number of Cisco switches (e.g. 2960, 3750, and 4500) have free IOS updates for base or IP base images. In this case, independent support from SMS can provide the hardware replacement, troubleshooting and configuration support to provide a low cost alternative to Cisco support without sacrificing service quality.
- Whether a particular device has reached End of Software Maintenance Date.
After this date, Cisco no longer provides IOS updates. At this point, the value of your support contract is reduced to technical support and hardware replacement. Independent support from SMS can provide an excellent alternative to Cisco support with a substantial cost savings.
- Whether a particular device is deployed in a truly mature, stable environment.
If the device is operating on a stable version of IOS, it is highly unlikely to encounter any problem, aside from a hardware failure. Independent support from SMS can ensure you maintain your SLAs for hardware replacement and have access to high-level engineering expertise to resolve any configuration and/or troubleshooting issues you encounter.
Get a greater ROI with SMS Cisco support services.
SMS can take a holistic approach to your support requirements. We will carefully examine each Cisco device in your asset base and will report whether a particular device fits into one of these categories (in which case, SMS independent support will be an attractive alternative). We will also honestly assess which of your assets should remain under Cisco support. The result is a support model that can greatly reduce your total cost of ownership while maintaining best-in-class support for your mission critical assets.
Our Independent Support includes:
- 7x24 Call Center – Staffed around the clock with a team of service professionals
- 7x24 Technical Assistance Center – A team of highly certified network engineers who will quickly contact you and work to resolve any configuration and troubleshooting issue. Upon determining a hardware failure, they will dispatch a part and/or a field engineer to your site
- SLA Compliance – With Service Centers throughout North America, China, Hong Kong, Singapore, and Malaysia, SMS can match your existing SLAs (from Next Business Day to 2 Hour Support) with its own W-2 engineers
- singlePoint® Web-Based Support Portal – Provides you with extensive insight, management and control of your multi-vendor assets, incident history and contracts
- Maintenance Management – SMS can be your first call for all incidents. Instead of keeping track of which assets are covered by SMS and which by Cisco, SMS engineers utilize our singlePoint portal to determine whether a particular device is covered by SMS or by Cisco. If it is covered by Cisco, SMS engineers can open a support call with Cisco on your behalf. SMS engineers remain engaged and will act as your advocate should you need to escalate within Cisco T&Cs.
- Monthly Maintenance Charges – Move, add, change or delete at any time and have your support contract pricing easily and quickly adjusted
SMS also has a large range of network services tailored to help you reduce operational costs, increase stability and to quickly and efficiently deploy network assets.